June 13, 2011

The smartest things I've read today

"Condemning is easy; fixing is hard." -- From an psychotherapists’ look at how Rep. Weiner might save his marriage.

And also from Psychology Today, "Everything said about Anthony Weiner is... bullshit."

From the Salon article I wrote about earlier.
[T]his latest political sex scandal had me seriously reconsidering whether monogamous marriage is realistic... All of this leads me to re-conclude that I won't be marrying a politician or a celebrity. That isn't to say that I won't also reconsider my definition of marital faithfulness -- and if I do, something tells me I'll have plenty of company.

"Men will not be committing [sex crimes] if they are sexually satisfied at home." -- The grand idea behind the founding of the Obedient Wives Club.

And more wisdom imported from Malaysia.
Men have only one desire, which is for women, while women have nine desires for a new handbag, new shoes and many more... Women today, however, feel that it is the men who should understand them and fulfill all their needs.